After updating a Magento site from 1.7 to 126.96.36.199, one issue that appeared was that the search no longer worked. Instead any query would return the message: ‘Your search returns no results. ‘
- reindexed the product database
- reassigned all products to the main website
- set the search type to LIKE
- switched the custom theme to the default
- looked in the error logs, but none of these helped resolve the issue.
Your search returns no results
Solution – Your search returns no results
It was actually being broken by an old search plugin;
‘Catalog Search Refinement – Allow your users to refine their search when they add a search term for FREE!’
This was listed within Magento Connect, so was easy to remove. Deleting these files brought the search back and all was working as it should.